Thursday, August 30, 2012

From the Desk of ASSEMBLYWOMAN RHODA S. JACOBS


Dear Friends and Neighbors:

In these special days as the New Year approaches, I want to thank you all for Chizuk and support over the years.   It has been my privilege to work for our community and be a voice for your concerns in Brooklyn and Albany.

Now I must ask you for your help. On Thursday, September 13th, 2012 there will be a Democratic Primary.

As you may know, this is a very diverse Assembly District, and once again, I am facing an Election challenge, this time by a well- financed and organized opponent who is appealing to the politics of demographic divisiveness, and is neither cognizant nor concerned about your issues or needs.

I believe that you all deserve fair representation.  Together with my colleagues in government, Speaker Silver, Assemblyman Hikind and Councilmember Greenfield, I have worked to restore millions of dollars in transportation costs and mandated tax relief for our non public schools, TAP for yeshiva and rabbinical college students and transportation for students traveling after 5PM, and to address the needs of our special needs children.  I work to ensure that resources are provided to the vital institutions that serve our community, such as: Ohel, Masbia, COJO of Flatbush and Dor Yeshorim.  

I know that everyone is very busy getting children back to school and preparing for the Yom Tovim.  We are told that it is a Communal obligation to vote.  I am appealing to you take this time during theses busy days, to come out and vote Primary Day Thursday, September 13th.  

I ask for your vote, and for you to encourage your family and neighbors to vote so that I can continue to advocate for you and represent you.  Believe me, in this district, each and every one of our votes counts!!

L'Shana Tova and I hope to see you at Tashlich - I have once again arranged for the pond at Brooklyn College to be available.


Sincerely,







Rhoda S. Jacobs
Assistant Speaker
New York State Assembly

No comments:

Post a Comment